- 1 pack of fresh gnocchi (enough for 4 people)
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 1 pack of sliced baby bella mushrooms - sliced small pieces about the same size as the tomatoes
- 2 large shallots - thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic gloves - minced
- Thyme - remove leaves from stems
Here’s a dish I made for my friend a few weeks ago. I invited her over for dinner without have a real plan of what to make. I had picked up some gnocchi earlier, so I thought I would spice it up with something different from your average sauce. The dish is perfect for vegetarians, but hearty enough for meat eaters.
To start, bring a pot of water to a boil. In this pot cook the gnocchi according to the directions, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, while the water is boiling, melts a few pads of butter in one of the large fry pans. Once hot, add the mushrooms, shallots, a pinch of salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes – stir occasionally. Next add the garlic tomatoes and thyme and saute for about 5-7 more minutes.
In the second fry pan, melt some more butter. Once hot, pan fry the gnocchi over medium heat until they have a nice golden brown color, flip and do the same on the other side.
Add the gnocchi to the fry pan with the veggies, stir and cook for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Remove from heat and serve on a large platter. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.